There are plenty of shoes that could help make the runner get their maximum running potential. However, some of these shoes are really expensive – we’re talking over $120 here. There are other shoe choices that are budget-friendly and that can still give the runner the best support and help them achieve their best run. Here is a list of some of the best budget running shoes that are still a good quality shoe and they have the ratings to prove it. These shoes are the ones that will give you the biggest bang for your buck and help your feet feel awesome after a long run, too.
6. Brooks Women’s Launch 5
No products found.
Brooks is a really great brand of running shoes, but as this list is for the best budget running shoes, they needed to be towards the bottom. Brooks is really expensive if you’re on a budget, but with these shoes, you really get what you pay for. They have neutral support and are really great for those runners who have medium to high arches. The Launch is a lightweight shoe since they only weigh 8.3 ounces.
The shoes have a one-piece mesh upper and internal bootie for a snugger fit. They are made from a very breathable material that you may just forget that you’re wearing shoes! Moreover, they have a BioMoGo DNA midsole, with cushioning and rebounding rubber. This midsole creates a somewhat “springy” feel as the runner is completing their run.
5. Asics Gel Kayano 24 Running Shoes
- I.G.S (Impact Guidance System) Technology: ASICS design philosophy that employs linked componentry to enhance the foot's natural gait from heel strike to toe-off.
- Fluid Ride Midsole: Fluid Ride provides the ultimate combination of bounce back and cushioning properties with reduced weight and exceptional durability.
- Fluid Fit Upper: ASICS Fluid Fit upper technology combines multi-directional stretch mesh with stretch reinforcements that adapt to the athlete's foot, creating a truly customized glove-like fit.
- Heel Clutching System Technology: Exoskeletal heel counter provides improved support and creates improved heel fitting environment.
- Rear foot and Forefoot GEL Cushioning Systems: Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
When you think of running shoes, the Asics brand usually comes to the mind. Asics have been around for several years and they have created so many different types of running shoes for all foot styles. Asics deserve to be on the best budget running shoe list because they have shoes for all different price ranges, some even under $40. They offer a huge variety of shoes for people with wide feet, which for running shoes, is kind of unheard of, while still offering plenty for narrow-footed people to choose from as well.
The Kayano is a style that Asics has had out since the beginning and now on their 24th version of the style, it is still the same great quality as they have provided in the years past. These shoes have a rubber sole, complete with Asics-specific technologies such as IGS (Impact Guidance System) Technology, which enhances the foot’s natural gait from heel strike to toe-off. There is a fluid ride insole as well as a fluid fit upper in the Kayano’s complete with multidirectional stretch for the maximum amount of comfort. These shoes will fit like a glove. They also have their heel clutching system with the GEL cushioning system in the rearfoot. The gel absorbs the shock and movement during the impact of the run.
4. New Balance Women’s 910v4 Running Shoe
No products found.
The New Balance brand has been around for more than a century, and they have dedicated their work to helping athletes perform at their best. New Balance is well known for providing a huge variety of shoe styles, sizes, and widths. New Balance is on the best budget running shoe list because most of their shoe styles are under $100, some even cheaper than $40. With the 910v4, this shoe, in particular, is a really great bargain because they are trail running shoes, meaning you get the best of both worlds, shoes good for trail walking and for just casual running.
The 910v4 has a rubber sole that is equipped with RevLite technology. RevLite is a material that is significantly lighter than other materials used for producing shoes and it results in these shoes having a lighter midsole than most. There is a top plate and a hydrohension rubber makes the bottom of the shoe ready for any tread that you’ll come up against. The upper plate keeps the toes well protected and the heel area is high-cut, meaning the shoe won’t slip off of your heel.
3. Nike Women’s Flex 2016 Rn Running Shoes
- Co-molded midsole delivers a smooth ride
- Tri-star outsole design flexes as your run
- Flywire cables offer a dynamic, supportive fit through the midfoot
- Minimal heel design provides a more natural fit
- Heel is rounded for a smooth transition at initial touch down
Nike is one of the market leaders when it comes to running shoes. The company has been changing the market one shoe at a time for many years and continues to be the leader in new running styles. Nike earns a spot on the best budget running shoes list because they have really great quality shoes for very small prices and you can usually find a really great sale on most of their shoe styles as well. The Nike Flex is one of their most popular running shoes.
The shoe features a rubber sole that is very textile and grips to the ground for a more stable run. The co-molded midsole and the tri-star outsole flexes as you run. The one-piece engineered mesh upper work in a pattern along with the co-molded midsole and the tri-start outsole to give you the best run possible. The flywire cables give a dynamic and supportive fit through the midfoot. There is also a rounded, minimal heel for a smooth transition at the initial touchdown. The Flex is a shoe that is lightweight enough for all types of activities included Crossfit.
2. Nike Women’s Air Zoom Pegasus 33
Nike Air Pegasus is a really great walking shoe and an even better running shoe. The Pegasus earns the number two spot on this best budget running shoes list because you get a lot of comfort and stability for just a little bit of cash when you purchase this shoe. The synthetic imported rubber sole bring stability to the entire heel area for a better heel strike. The cushioned midsole is light, airy, and very squishy feel, giving your feet the comfort they need while running. The Pegasus is a really great running shoe for those who have flat feet or those who have high arches. When purchasing this style of shoe, though it is best to order half a size up because the fit is more narrow than other past models.
1. Asics Women’s Gel Excite 4 Running Shoes
- Rearfoot GEL Cushioning System: Attenuates shock during impact phase and allows for a smooth transition to midstance.
- Removable Sockliner: A sockliner which can be removed to accommodate a medical orthotic.
- AHAR Outsole: Acronym for ASICS High Abrasion Rubber. Placed in critical areas of the outsole for exceptional durability.
- Reflectivity: Contains reflective materials designed to enhance visibility during low light hours.
Finally, we’ve reached the number one spot for the best budget running shoe list. The Gel Excite 4 is a really awesome running shoe and has an even better price tag. These shoes have a textile synthetic rubber sole and are equipped with the Rearfoot GEL Cushioning System, which attenuates shock during the heel impact when running several miles helping provide a smooth transition to midstance.
The AHAR (Asics High Abrasion Rubber) outsole has exceptional durability and reflectivity, which are those silver, reflective pieces on your shoes. These are for helping drivers to see you when you are running mostly at night. This shoe’s size seems to be a little bit smaller than most other pairs of shoes. With all of these features on these shoes, the Gel Excite 4 provides the customer with a lot of great running performances without breaking their bank for new cool stuff.
Overall, I think these 6 best budget running shoes will prove to you over and over again that you really can have a shoe that is stylish and cute but can still be functional as well. These six shoes were chosen mostly on financial criteria, but high customer ratings also played a factor in how this list became to be what it is now. Let us know what you think about these options in the comments!
Other articles you might like: